The Association of Caribbean Historians Executive Committee is pleased it announce that the 48th Annual Conference of the Association of Caribbean Historians will be held in Havana, Cuba, from Sunday, June 5 to Friday, June 10, 2016.
This is the first time the ACH has been in Cuba since 1999.
Registration opens early afternoon on Sunday, and sessions will begin later that day. The conference fête, our annual dinner and dance, which is highly recommended and a central feature of this organization, is on Thursday evening, June 9. An optional field trip is scheduled for Friday, June 10. More details about the field trip will be posted to the ACH as they become available. Please make your travel plans accordingly.
Members suggested several possible themes for the next year’s conference. These included the following :
1) Teaching Caribbean History ;
2) Caribbean Sports ;
3) Opening Plenary on the ACH Founders ;
4) Caribbean Heritage and Heritage Tourism ;
5) The Digital Caribbean ;
6) Dutch-Cuban Connections ;
7) Repercussions of the Cuban Revolution of 1959 and the Cold War ;
8) The Caribbean and the Environment ;
9) The Transition from Slavery to Freedom ;
10) The Illegal Slave Trade ;
11) Queer History
Contact : Michelle Craig McDonald, Secretary-Treasurer, Association of Caribbean Historians : achsecretary chez gmail.com
Page créée le jeudi 29 octobre 2015, par Dominique Taurisson-Mouret.